Thursday, March 19, 2015

Work Crush: Postcommodity: Pollination

This past week I was in Phoenix visiting my parents, which is normally a relaxing, though uneventful affair. Luckily, this trip happened to coincide with 2 pieces by the art group Postcommodity showing at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art. Having known one of the group's members, Raven Chacon, for quite a while, I was very excited to see these pieces in person.
More!








Pollination is both an installation piece and interactive experience. Taking the low-brow language of peep-show booths, the viewer is given a special token (pictures soon), which will provide them with a 90 second view of a small room filled with vegetation. During that minute and a half, the screen in the individual booth is lifted, music plays, and the audience is left to try to view the "ladies" on display: butterflies. I've seen some pictures that show the butterflies gliding throughout the room in full glory, but when I was there, I only caught fleeting glimpses of the creatures. 
For more on Postcommodity's work: visit Postcommodity's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment