Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Craft Fair

So, aside from working on assignments for various art classes, and adding on my own body of work, I have a work-study job at the ASUNM Arts and Crafts Studio. I've worked in the Studio for 3 years now, moving through the ranks from Ceramic Technician to Assistant Director to Executive Director. During this time, I've been a part of the annual ASUNM Arts and Crafts Fair, which is a three day event held in the Student Union Ballrooms. This year is the first time I've been "in charge" of it, and I sometimes can't believe that they trust us in the Studio to get everything done. The tasks seem endless...herding 70 or so cats (the local artisan vendors, who are actually very lovely), dealing with unhappy applicants who weren't accepted into the Fair, and contacting outside organizations to help us execute the Fair. This thing has sucked all of my time, effort, and energy this semester. I'm very excited for it, and to be honest, I'm very glad that I'm ending my run with the Fair on a high note- the 50th.

No comments:

Post a Comment